moi ....

moi ....

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sarcoidosis an illness so misunderstood



Sarcoidosis an illness so misunderstood





Five years ago, I was diagnosed with a chronic autoimmune disease called Sarcoidosis which in my case has developed over time and is now affecting my normal breathing. I have good days and bad days. On the good days, I live my life to the full and on the bad days I can’t even come out of my bed having the feeling I have ran a Marathon without even haven started my day and I am not even mentioning the aching body pains and very bad chest pains and anxiety feeling of not breathing properly. This disease has made me realize how precious life if. I need to listen to my body and its signs even more than ever to avoid over exhaustion.






The problem is that most people don't know nor haven't even heard of sarcoidosis.

Some people might take sarcoidosis sufferers for lazy people or piers might not understand the change of level of activity affected by the illness.

Exhaustion is very difficult to explain or describe to people: the scientific explanation is the following

Symptoms of physical and mental exhaustion include feeling constantly tired and worn out. Feeling physically and mentally exhausted can take their toll at all levels of life. We become less adept at our jobs, our relationships suffer, and energy levels drop to all-time lows.

If ignored, exhaustion can lead to serious consequences su

ch as burnout, excessive stress, depression, as well as lowered immune system functioning. All of these make us more vulnerable to illness and infection, creating a vicious cycle.


In other words it means reaching level of tiredness where you have very little choice but to stop and rest as you are unable to function physically and mentally as normal.

It is very frustrating to live it as one feels not in control and would like to do more but can't .
It is even more frustrating when people do not understand this illness.




The best thing in these cases is to explain and remind people of this illness.

Above all is to look after oneself as no one else will do this for you.





Please feel free to get in touch in you have any questions regarding this illness or if you are suffering from sarcoidosis and would like to connect and share experiences.

Here is a video i found: http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/home_page?init_type=Feature&init_id=3326

to our Health, Wealth and Happiness,

Arriane Eva Morrin


Health Consultant, owner & entrepreneur
Aim for better Living
Book us online 24/7 at the www.theskillsguru.com/aemhealth/profile
Working in collaboration with www.gukwoone.ning.com

Follow us on Facebook, NING, Twitter, Google +










No comments:

Post a Comment